Tuesday, August 4, 2009

baggage

not unsurprisingly, i'm limited by the weight limit.

if i'd my way, i'd gleefully cart my few worldly possessions to stocks with me. i'd painstakingly pack my entire wardrobe, the few pairs of footwear i use and all my books into my spanking new trunk and arrive in sweden looking a little like a snail with its home on its back. i'd bring oodles and oodles of clothes and not have to repeat an outfit or wear the same article twice. i'd also have an endless supply of home food comforts because it turns out that each box of prima mix that i've been so kindly gifted with weighs a ton.

BUT i was too cheap to spring for a student ticket back in january when i booked the flight and the ticket i bought only allows me 20kg check-in luggage.

this 20kg is, however, grossly insufficient. to my horror, once i put in the library of lonely planet books (europe on a shoestring, sweden, stockholm) and the hodge podge of other guidebooks i've managed to amass pre-departure (paris, anyone?), my suitcase was pushing 12kg.

so in an attempt to score myself some extra baggage allowance, i've been advised by people in the know to make my way down to the airline office and lay on the charm.

wish me luck!

edit: YES! 10kg MORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment