Monday, August 31, 2009

1 x kitchen duty

was 1 week of perpetual cleaning. i've never cleaned so hard in my life. there was the corridor, living room and kitchen floor to be swept on alternate days, the dishes to be dried and stacked daily, the nightly check of the kitchen before i slept, taking the trash 1938291km to the huge waste receptacles, depositing the recycling in the correct bins and i'd to mop the floor at the end of it all!

i cleaned and cleaned until my fingers peeled and cracked. in fact, i even scrubbed the stoves for good measure (yay me!) and finally i handed over the dubious honour to my iranian corridor mate who's on the warpath of everybody who so much as leaves something lying on the counter for more than 5minutes. maybe she'll be more militant than i was. maybe the place would be spotlessly, sparkling clean. maybe she won't lift a finger. i don't know. neither do i care, really. i'm done with kitchen duty for the next three months and now i just need to clean my room.

sigh.

clean clean clean i feel like cinder-bloomin'-rella.

p/s i'm also a little sad that my corridor squatter has moved out. with his wireless router. who's going to let me leech free internet and teach me (repeatedly) how to chop chicken now? :( plus he was on cleaning duty the week before me (because as a squatter that was his due) and he was always sweeping so happily i actually thought it'd be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment