Sunday, December 6, 2009

pity party

my cheap ikea pot gave up the ghost about 4 months post-purchase. mid pancake-flip, the handle broke clean off. while i know that they're for different use in the kitchen and it's like saying i miss the vacuum cleaner when the washing machine's broken, i miss my dutch oven so bad. can't wait to get home and break it out for christmas cooking! mhmmmm :)

(note the deformed mutant pancake after unsuccessful half-flip)

malfunctioning pot aside, i persisted in pancake making, valiantly attempting to flip them with a knife instead (note knife gashes in pancake).

this looked more crepe than pancake-like. (note makeshift papertowel grip on pot side)

it did get marginally better with practice, although i can't say the same for the uneven heat distribution.

and i don't know why i didn't think of it earlier (actually, i do) but then P came and saw me struggling away and after laughing at me for five minutes straight, he suggested i try with a frying pan. well, here's a secret. i try to stay away from the communal pots and pans because they're generally biohazards but i was desperate and from the finished product, i think P was right. just this time.
to complete my pity-seeking story, on the way back to my room i managed to douse myself with a cup of chai. my nightshirt reeks of chai and i'm not scheduled for laundry any time soon. it's mornings like these that make me want to run right home :( am very very grateful for comfortable home to return to in less than three weeks. this' probably the last pseudo-independent stint in awhile and the novelty is fast wearing off.

p/s is it just me or does the pancake resemble prata more than those perfect cafe sirap creations?

No comments:

Post a Comment