Friday, November 12, 2010

autumn colours sanraku







hit the ground running upon landing in tokyo at 6am and had to navigate my way to shin nasu. the first part was easy, after all, any monkey can get themselves onto the narita express (OUCH SO EXPENSIVE!) into tokyo aeki but from tokyo aeki it was a shinkansen maze and i'm glad i asked the ticket vendor to write down the connecting platforms, train timings and final destination of each train i was to take, which made it easy peasy lemon squeezy in the end ;) the hard part was convincing the public bus driver to let me ride his bus though! when i reached nasu, the bus driver refused to let me board. telling me to wait, albeit three hours, for the free shuttle to the ryokan. because i was an impatient little thing, and the station was boring, i politely insisted on riding his bus. he politely insisted back, "FREE BUSU! FREE BUSU!" so i summoned my reserves of japanese and tried again. to my horror, i realised he was more familiar with a dialect i was unfamiliar with. but with sign language and one too many pouty-faces on my part (yes, i am ashamed) i boarded the bus and off we went! best part? he refused to let me pay for the ride when we reached my stop. saved me 1000yen, i must've looked so pathetic haha.

and the fall colours, were, as you can see, absolutely breath-taking. japan was off to a good start!

photos of the exquisite ryokan tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment