Thursday, December 2, 2010

slow train to tokyo




after a few days spent luxuriating in the ryokans, it was time to move on to the city. tokyo will always have a special place in my heart, and i've nothing but happy memories of my time there.

oh! hang on! there is one distressing (read: cringe-inducing) memory that my darling siblings never fail to remind me of. if you know them and successfully bribe them, you just might get the full story but otherwise i'm afraid i'm not about to kiss and tell. suffice to say, i've thankfully managed to 'reclaim' tokyo and restore my long-term love affair with the city.

stayed as long after check-out as we could, then made the 5h trek to tokyo on the slowest possible train. reached asakusa after dusk and my muscle memory kicked in as i navigated us to ginza. well, it wasn't so hard, really. ginza line to ginza then hibiya line to hibiya. all in a day's work ;)

it's such a cliche and i feel a little over-indulged for saying this but i love ginza. always have and always will. everything i could possibly want from tokyo is within that tiny area. and everything else, like fresh fresh fish, is a 10minute walk towards tsukiji.

this, incidentally, is also the last post on mysterymeatballs because i've run out of photo storage space. undeterred, the swede life is moving here with the rest of the tokyo posts. please move with me? :) it's been a good run but to quote dorothy, 'toto, something tells me we're not in stockholm anymore...'

No comments:

Post a Comment