Saturday, June 20, 2009

visa application

finally got down to applying for my resident visa. many thanks to M for doing the research and sending me an itemised list of documents that i needed to take with me. having had a tiresome experience at the brazillian embassy two months ago, which saw me making three frustrating trips down because the dude just didn't communicate and the website was useless, the swedish embassy was a breeze. am still somewhat puzzled as to why they need to see how much money i have in my bank account. it's such an invasion of privacy and a letter from the bank or most recent bank statement, is in no way indicative of anything. while i understand that they can't possibly grant visas to applicants who might potentially run out of money and require deportation with taxpayer's money, surely there's got to be some privacy law against having to reveal one's bank balance! plus if they were concerned about potential terrorists, if i were one, i wouldn't be so silly as to give them record of my real account, right? that kind of money be squirreled away in a swiss vault somewhere! they'd be better of running a global discovery for all possible bank accounts linked to my name that shows any sign of suspicious activity. oh well, conspiracy theories aside, i'm glad that the lady at the counter was so friendly. she even directed me to the nearest axs machine so i could pay my mobile bill.

back to the embassy to collect my visa in a fortnight!

in other news, i just found out where i'm going to be staying in stockholm. somewhat disappointed that it's not my first choice but it could be worse. at least i'm not assigned to the blooming construction site :)

No comments:

Post a Comment