Saturday, August 29, 2009

the laundry chronicles

can't believe it's that time of the week again.

i had an almost-encounter in the laundry room!

this woman unloaded my laundry from the machine! HOW DARE SHE! it wasn't even her turn! SHE'S ONE OF THOSE LEGENDARY WASHING MACHINE HIJACKERS!!! i was so annoyed! what if i'd wanted to put in another load after my first load was done?!

after somewhat disgruntled-ly moving my laundry to the sole remaining dryer (the other, by the way, was also hijacked by some other inconsiderate poop) i left the laundry room in abject fear that the woman would subsequently hijack my dryer before my laundry was dry. because, she'd already hijacked the machine, what's to stop her from going the whole hog? so i returned to my room determined to make my presence felt in the laundry room and guard my dryer. however, better sense personified prevailed and when i went to pick up my dry laundry, everything was just as i'd left it. and the woman's laundry was waiting patiently in the laundry trolley for my dryer.

whew.

but i still dislike communal laundry.

2 comments:

  1. the first time i did my laundry in amstie, i took a chair and a book to the laundry room and sat right next to the washing machine. for 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'd have done the same but for the prevailing of better sense personified. aka tkx. now i understand why we're such good friends though, totally empathise with your machine-guarding urges.

    ReplyDelete