Sunday, September 13, 2009

mornings*

this' our coffeemaker

this' how it's plugged in

this' the knob to turn if you want power**
**except that even after an hour's tinkering, i couldn't figure out why the coffeemaker wasn't cooperating. and i thought it was only me who wasn't a morning person! so i ingratiated myself yet again to Kj, my swedish corridormate, who came to my rescue by telling me that stockholm still has electrical relics of this sort that need to be wound before the power mains come on. who'd have guessed that it isn't as straightforward as plugging in a plug!

"you're not just a walking circus,
you're a high-maintenance walking circus!"

and the most embarrassing end to this story is that i never did get my coffee because the water didn't percolate through the filter but the grounds made their way to the pot and it was an absolute disaster i poured the pot down the sink. coffeemaker FAIL (coffeedrinker FAIL, too.)

now what does a girl have to do to get a decent cuppa around here!

*maybe 'afternoons' would be a more appropriate title

No comments:

Post a Comment