Tuesday, October 27, 2009

and all too soon

it's that time of the year again and i need to choose my modules for next semester. what a timely reminder of my imminent departure/return. thank you J for the heads up, i would have verily missed the deadline if you hadn't mentioned subject registration. quick consult with S and i selected my electives. it gets faster every time, probably because i've a very limited interest range and by elimination i've done most of the modules i'd have wanted to anyway. if it was entirely up to me, i'd have done another semester of free-wheeling hippy modules. fun, fluffy stuff that makes me look forward to attending class. but because i know where i'm going and have some idea of what work they do, it'd be irresponsible to spend the last of my formal education wallowing in self-indulgence. so, i seem to have morphed into one of those, the student who only chose practical modules, and i'm trying to strike a balance between studying what i want and what i should. no point learning about basket-weaving now and then feeling like a liability from the first day of work onwards.

really shouldn't be getting nostalgic about it but i can't believe i'm in my final semester. where did the time go??? and it's also taken me 7 semesters to figure out that 1. laptops are evil and should be used sparingly 2. i am extremely Consistent when it comes to take-home exams. so when choosing my modules this time round, i decided to be kind to myself and finally arrange for a 3day week - the mythical being that i'd heard much about but never had a personal encounter with. the downside is that i'll most probably have four exams, but that too was intentional, in reaction to my realisation of how i absolutely Cannot do a take-home, because i lack Confidence in my Capabilities. in a strange way, it's the first semester where i'm not in a tearing hurry to finish the exams and disappear on an adventure. am a little ashamed to admit that early exam dates played a big part in my prior elective selection. this time, however, i'm wanting to savour and stretch out the last of my days as an undergraduate and somehow revising for four exams while everyone else is out partying will definitely slow time down. that's the plan!

so here goes! and i'm hoping that the electronic gods will be benevolent and grant me my electives of choice.

oh and take that back re: 3day week. it didn't strike me earlier but welcome to my life in stockholm :) don't think i can put my system through the trauma of attending class more than thrice weekly. it'd be too much of a reverse-culture shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment