Monday, October 5, 2009

mid-autumn festival

i missed zhong qiu for the first time ever :( i knew it was on saturday night but there was this storm, you see, and i was stuck in a windowless cabin unable to surface for air, much less a glimpse of the full moon. initially intended to savour mooncake and sip cha while reminiscing of home, like every good overseas chinese but things didn't go according to plan.

first, my mother brought me a mouldy mooncake.

second, my mysterious parcel (hopefully mooncake but because i still don't know its origin, might actually not be mooncake) is being held hostage by the unyielding gas station attendant.

third, i don't actually have cha with me because all i have are exotic teabags with pretentious names like brazilian baia and african tunda, lovingly pilfered from the hotel when the parentals were in town. i miss my pu e :(

fourth, there was this storm, you see...

so to make up for it, i've drunk about two litres of gei zi (wolfberry?) tea and my eyes are feeling so much better now. incidentally, i've been rocking the whole day and thought i'd developed severe myopia overnight because i couldn't see anything i was typing. but it's all good now and i'm happily nursing my gei zi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment